SWISS FINTECH is a service by SWISS FINTECH Association (short: SF). At SF we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We hold, like most businesses, Personal Data about our customers and people who may be interested in our products and services. We comply with the applicable data protection laws, including in particular the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to contact(at)swissfintech.org or by writing to SWISS FINTECH Association, Grundstrasse 16B, CH - 8712 Stäfa.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we use your information, please contact us at contact(at)swissfintech.org and we will do our best to help. If you are still unhappy, you can contact the appropriate data protection supervisory authority. The Swiss Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted via their website.
SWISS FINTECH Association
CH – 8712 Stäfa
Managing Director: Christina Kehl
Board President/Financial Director: Thomas Brändle
Compliance with a legal obligation - processing is necessary to ensure we comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Consent – you have given specific consent to the processing of your Personal Data.
Data Controller – the entity that determines the purposes and means of processing Personal Data.
EEA – the European Economic Area which comprises countries that are members of the European Union and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Identifiable natural person - a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person
Legitimate Interests - processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests in carrying on, managing and administering our respective businesses effectively and properly (except where our or the third party’s interests are overridden by your own interests, rights and freedoms).
Performance of a Contract – processing is necessary to carry out our contractual duties, exercise our contractual rights or otherwise perform our Contract with you, or to take steps at your request to enter a Contract.
Personal Data – any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. Different pieces of information, which collected together can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitute personal data. Examples of Personal Data:
a name and surname;
a home address;
an email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org;
an identification card number;
location data (for example the location data function on a mobile phone);
an Internet Protocol (IP) address;
a cookie ID;
the advertising identifier of your phone;
data held by a hospital or doctor, which could be a symbol that uniquely identifies a person.
Processing - any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction any
Special categories of Personal Data - Personal Data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic or biometric data processed for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning Vital Interests – processing necessary protect an interest which is essential for the life of the data subject or that of another natural person. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect special categories of Personal Data from individuals and we request that you do not submit special categories of Personal Data to us.
Personal Data we collect
Collection directly from you
Most of the Personal Data we process about you comes directly from you for example:
• when you contact us (by email, phone, mail or in person);
• when you subscribe to our newsletter or interact with our Website content;
• when you sign up to attend or sponsor an Event or become a partner of the same;
• when you become a designated contact and/or an authorized user on one of our platforms; and/or
• when you express an interest in our products and services.
Automatic collection when you contact us or visit our Website
We automatically collect information about you as follows:
• Our Websites automatically log web log server information (please see the table below);
Information obtained from other sources
We may obtain publicly available professional information about you (as detailed in the Data Processed section below) from third parties or online publications. This information is used in the following ways:
• to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date;
• to ensure that we have all the information we need to provide or offer you with a product or service; and
• to help us provide the best service possible, in the most efficient manner.
Why we process your Data
This section details the purposes for the collection and use of your Personal Data, and the legal basis for the processing.
• Performance of a Contract or Agreement
To provide you with SF products and services we will process your first name, last name, country, company name, job title, email address, telephone number and optional message.
To send you confirmation and further Event information we will process your first name, last name, company name and email address. We will also use your information at the event to confirm attendance and ensure your health and safety when you attend in person.
• Legitimate Interests
To respond to your communications and to retain a record for quality purposes, we will process your first name, last name, job title, company name, email address, telephone number and country.
To ensure network and information security we will process your IP address, browser type and operating system, pages visited during your visit and source of access to our Websites - e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our Websites.
To monitor the performance of our Websites and improve user experience we will process your web log server information (as above).
To inform our product and services strategy to enhance and personalize our customer experience and offerings and inform our marketing strategy to ensure our communications with you are relevant we will process your first name, last name, job title, organization, email address, telephone number, country and responses to questions on ourservices and industry.
To determine your interest in our products and services we will process your first name, last name, job title, company name, email address, telephone number and your engagement with our Websites, content, products and services.
• Consent/ Soft Opt In
To contact you or to stay in touch with you about our products and services we will process your first name, last name, company name, email address, telephone number and country.
To respond to your communications and to retain a record for quality and training purposes, we will process your first name, last name, job title, company name, email address, telephone number and country.
• Protection of Vital Interests
We will use your information at the event to confirm attendance and ensure your health and safety when you attend in person.
How we share your Personal Data
We share your data in the manner and for the purposes described below:
• With third parties who help manage our business and deliver services (the "Third Parties"). These third Parties have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use any Personal Data we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us. These include: IT service providers, customer relationship management services and marketing automation, solutions and analytics providers.
Wix: Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your Data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. Wix.com stores your Data on secure servers behind a firewall.
For the purposes of EU data protection legislation, The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a Mailchimp is the controller of your Personal Data. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
Jitsi: We might use jit.si to run online meetings or online events. Participation in these events and meetings is always voluntary.
Stripe: We use Stripe to process your payments.
The entity responsible for the collection and processing of Personal Data for residents of the EEA and Switzerland is Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd., a company incorporated in Ireland and with offices at 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin. To exercise your rights, the Data Protection Officer may be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about their privacy policies: https://stripe.com/ie/privacy#contact-us
XING: We might use Xing for our ticket sales.
Contact details are as follows: Dammtorstrasse 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany, Tel.: +49 40 419 131-0, Fax: +49 40 419 131-11, E-mail: email@example.com.
The Data Protection Officer is Anja Engler, Dammtorstrasse 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany, E-mail: Datenschutzbeauftragter@xing.com.
Learn more about their privacy policies: https://privacy.xing.com/en/privacy-policy/printable-version
• With Event sponsors so that they can better plan their sponsorship to enhance attendee experience and, where applicable, to choose invitees to private briefings, meetings or dinners. These sponsors shall agree to confidentiality restrictions and to use any Personal Data we share with them solely for this purpose.
• With other delegates on our Websites and our Event app to allow delegates to contact each other and facilitate networking. No email addresses and telephone numbers will be made public through the delegate listing or otherwise. You may opt out of delegate communication through this medium at any time.
• With our regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies;
• We may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal information regarding the visitors to our website, traffic patterns, and website usage with our partners or affiliates; and
• If, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we may disclose information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets.
Explaining more about direct marketing and profiling
How we use Personal Data to keep you up to date with our products and services
We may use Personal Data to let you know about SF products and services that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email or through other communication channels that we think you may find helpful. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with you.
How you can manage your marketing preferences
To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you:
• We will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you;
• You can ask us to stop direct marketing at any time - you can ask us to stop sending email marketing, by following the 'unsubscribe' link you will find on all the email marketing messages we send you. Alternatively you can contact us at contact(at)swissfintech.org. Please specify whether you would like us to stop all forms of marketing or just a particular type (e.g. email); and
• You can change the way your browser manages cookies by following the settings on your browser as explained in our cookies policy.
When and how we undertake profiling and analytics
In order to understand your interest in our products and services and/or to ensure that we only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you we analyse your engagement with our website, content, products and services. For example, your level of engagement or a specific topic of engagement will lead us to infer what is of most interest to you and if you may offer you similar further content or related services.
We retain your information for no longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In determining how long your information will be stored, we will consider:
- the purpose(s) and use of your information both now and in the future;
- what information we need to:
o best provide you with products and services;
o manage your relationship with us;
o meet our statutory obligations;
o develop our products and services; and
o meet our customers’ and previous customers' reasonable expectations.
Data Subjects' Rights within Switzerland and the EEA
In Switzerland and the EEA, data subjects have the following rights, subject to the applicable data protection framework:
• to request access to your data and information related to our use and processing of your Personal Data;
• to request the correction of your Personal Data (we may seek to verify the accuracy of the data before rectifying it);
• in certain situations to ask us to erase, block or restrict the Personal Data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your Personal Data; and
• in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the Personal Data you have given us to a third party (only for data subjects in the EEA).
• to ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your Personal Data is transferred outside of the EEA.
• to withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Data at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process it. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your data prior to your withdrawal;
• to object to the processing of your Personal Data for certain purposes, namely:
o to us using or processing your Personal Data where we use or process it in order to carry out a task in the public interest or for our legitimate interests;
o to object to us using or processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. You may also exercise your right to object to us using or processing your information for direct marketing purposes by clicking the unsubscribe link contained at the bottom of any marketing email we send to you and updating your preferences, or as a subscriber by visiting the preference centre on our website and changing your preferences.
SWISS FINTECH Association
CH – 8712 Stäfa
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your Personal Data. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
Do Not Track
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” (DNT) option. For information about Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time we do not respond to DNT signals. For information on how to block and opt out from tracking technologies used on our website, please see our Cookies Policy (below).
Third Party Websites
To access certain parts of the SF websites, SF may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
You are reminded that where you register you agree to:
(a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
(b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date
Persons under 18 years of age
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children. We do not knowingly contact or collect information from persons under the age of 18. The website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from persons under the age of 18. If you believe that we have received information pertaining to or from persons under the age of 18 please contact us at contact(at)swissfintech.org. If we become aware that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Please find our Terms & Conditions (Association) here.
Please find our Terms & Conditions (Community) here.